Triple Berry Gluten-Free Cobbler
Berries work well in cobblers because their juices release and mix with the sugar and cornstarch as the cobbler bakes, creating a thick, juicy filling. Frozen berries will also work for this recipe; do not defrost them before using. Serve plain or with ice cream.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¾ cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ⅔ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup quick-cooking gluten-free oats
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Set oven to 375°F. Grease a pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, combine cranberry juice, ½ cup sugar, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Boil for 1 minute, until the cornstarch and juice mixture turns translucent and thickens. Off the heat, gently stir in the berries and pour into the baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir together milk, vanilla, and melted butter until incorporated. Drop batter by tablespoons on top of the berry filling. It doesn’t have to be perfectly covered.
- Place the pie plate on a baking sheet. Bake for 25–30 minutes, or until filling is bubbling on the sides of the topping and the topping is cooked.