Triple C Lover Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies with an added C for coconut! This is really two recipes in one. You can do a cookie switch-a-roo by using white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts instead.
Makes: 36Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup Crisco Butter Flavor Shortening
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the first 5 ingredients by hand or with a mixer until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together both flours, flaxseed, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamy mixture in a few batches until all ingredients are mixed together. Fold in chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Scoop dough by the teaspoon onto 3 large baking sheets. Bake 12 to 16 cookies per batch, leaving space between each cookie. Bake 8–10 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool a few minutes on baking sheet, then move to a wire rack.