Savory muffins are great with soup, salad or grilled meat and vegetables.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a standard muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oat bran, basil, thyme, 1⁄4 cup Parmesan cheese, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Cut in butter until particles are fine.
- In small bowl combine egg, milk, ricotta cheese, and dill; stir until combined. Stir into flour mixture, then fold in Cheddar cheese. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until muffins are light golden brown and firm. Cool on wire racks for 20 minutes, then serve.