A cross between a brownie and a muffin, these elegant chocolate morsels have an intense chocolate flavor heightened by the cocoa powder.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 33 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup cake flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray nonstick muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray. Melt the chocolate and butter together over low heat. When melted, cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture turns a pale lemon-yellow. Spoon the cooled chocolate mixture into the sugar-egg mixture and stir until combined. Stir in the cake flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and salt and beat for about 30 seconds. Stir in the chocolate morsels. Spoon the mixture into the cups until each is about two-thirds full.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the cupcakes feel firm. Cool completely.