Ricotta cheese forms a mild, creamy foil for the intense flavor of olives in this olive-lovers’ delight.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. pizza dough
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- ½ chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 cup sliced green olives
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Brush 2 pizza pans with olive oil.
- Roll or press pizza dough into two 12" circles, slightly thicker at the edges than in the center. Place dough in prepared pans.
- Brush 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over each pizza, leaving edges bare. Sprinkle minced garlic evenly over the oil.
- Spread ¾ cup ricotta over each pizza, leaving edges bare. Sprinkle 1½ cups mozzarella over each pizza. Evenly distribute olives over cheese on each pizza.
- Place first pizza in the center of the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until the crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven carefully. Set aside to rest briefly before slicing. Repeat process with second pie.