Tropical Boneless Chicken Breasts
If you make extra, the chicken works well in a salad the next day. Serve on a bed of greens with fresh orange slices, red bell pepper, and a ginger dressing to complement the tropical flavors.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast tenders
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. orange juice concentrate
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- ½ tsp. ground cardamom
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Rinse the chicken in cool water, dry with paper towels, and place in a nonreactive (plastic or glass) container.
- Whisk remaining ingredients together and pour over the chicken breasts. Marinate for 5–6 hours.
- Heat the grill to medium heat—about 350°F.
- Grill the chicken over direct heat until outside is seared, 1 to 2 minutes. Move off direct heat or lower gas.
- Use remaining marinade to baste in the first few minutes—the marinade will burn off when you cook it. Discard any remaining marinade. Continue to grill the chicken until done.