Tropical Grilled Chicken and Peppers
Coconut milk tenderizes this chicken dish while infusing it with a lovely, mellow coconut flavor. Combine that with a hint of lime and spice, and it creates a vibrant and irresistible grilled meal.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 3 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) full-fat coconut milk
- 1⁄2 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 Tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. lemon pepper
- Poke chicken all over with the tines of a fork. Place in a large zip-top plastic bag with coconut milk, onion, 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice, and crushed red pepper. Marinate in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place chicken on grill, and discard marinade. Grill chicken for 5 minutes. Flip and grill for an additional 5 minutes, or until it registers 165°F internally with a meat thermometer.
- Toss bell pepper strips with olive oil, salt, pepper, and remaining lime juice. Place in a grill basket and grill for 5 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Serve chicken with grilled bell pepper.