Tropical Jerk Chicken
Jerk is a style of cooking, popular in Jamaica, that combines a variety of onions with spices to create a rub. This is a very healthy and low-calorie way to flavor your food.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped yellow onions
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped green onions
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped white onions
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. minced jalapeño pepper
- ½ tsp. all-purpose seasoning
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Add yellow, green, and white onions in a food processor and mix ten seconds until blended together.
- In a bowl, add onion mixture and remaining ingredients except for chicken. Mix well.
- Coat each chicken breast with mixture.
- Place chicken on grill and cook for 6 minutes on each side.