Healthy muffins are fine for breakfast as long as you stick to eating only one. To fight off hunger early in the day, enjoy them with a high-protein dish like eggs.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups all-purpose self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup light coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttery spread
- 1 tsp. grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters
- 1 cup dried tropical mixed fruit
- Mix flour and brown sugar and make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut milk, low-fat buttery spread, lemon rind, vanilla extract, and Egg Beaters. Mix well with a whisk.
- Add liquid mixture to flour mixture. Stir until moist. Add tropical fruit and fold into mixture. Spray a medium-size muffin pan with nonstick spray.
- Spoon batter into muffin molds. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out dry.