Tropical Sesame-Crusted Chicken Breasts
Serve this with rice and lots of vegetables. Leftovers can be chopped, mixed with a spicy sauce, and eaten with gluten-free chips as a tasty snack.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 4 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- ½ cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 1" gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. chili oil
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each), halved
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- In a nonreactive bowl or glass pan large enough to hold the chicken, whisk together the juices, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and chili oil.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry with paper towels. Add the chicken to the sauce and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Drain the chicken; dip in beaten egg and then in sesame seeds. Sauté in oil for 6 minutes per side, depending on thickness of meat. Serve hot.