Tropical Sweet Potatoes
The tropical flavors of ginger, lime, and coconut enhance the flavor of the sweet potatoes without masking them in syrupy sweetness.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 cups cooked cubed sweet potatoes
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. grated lime zest
- 1 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 3-quart casserole dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- Place the sweet potatoes, egg whites, brown sugar, lime zest, ginger, coconut milk, flour, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Purée the mixture until smooth and transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
- Bake the casserole until it puffs and browns, about 30 minutes.