Truffle Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich
Take this fancy grilled cheese sandwich to the next level by cooking it on the grill!
Serves: 4Prep: 5 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 slices white bread
- 8 teaspoons butter, softened
- 8 slices Gouda cheese (5-8 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup Private Selection™ Porcini Truffle Finishing Sauce
- 4 slices tomato
- Heat grill for direct heat.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with butter. Place 4 slices of bread, butter side down, on work surface. Place 1 cheese slice on each of the 4 slices of bread. Spread 2 teaspoons finishing sauce over each slice of cheese. Place tomato slices, remaining cheese slices and remaining bread, butter side up, over cheese.
- Place sandwiches on grill rack. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 4-6 minutes, turning once until cheese melts and grill marks appear on bread. Remove from grill; cut in half.
- Stovetop Directions: Heat 12” nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Cook as directed above.