Truffle Peanut Butter Spider Cookies
Turn peanut butter cookies into a Halloween treat by decorating them with spiders!
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutes
- 1 pouch peanut butter cookie mix (17.5 oz)
- 12 dark chocolate truffles cut in half (from a 5.1 oz bag)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1⁄4 cup white morsels
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare peanut butter cookie dough according to package directions. Roll dough into 1½” balls. Place on cookie sheet about 2” apart from each other. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until light golden brown. Remove from oven and gently press the center of each cookie to form a cavity. When cookies are lukewarm, add a truffle to each cavity.
- Once the cookies have baked and lukewarm, add a truffle to each cavity.
- Heat heavy cream in a 1 quart saucepan over medium heat, just until it starts to boil. Add semi-sweet chocolate morsels, stirring frequently, until it thickens and becomes a ganache. Let cool for 2 minutes and transfer to a plastic bag. Cut a small opening diagonally across bottom corner of the bag to allow for piping and draw 8 legs on each cookie. Place in refrigerator to set.
- Melt white morsels by placing in a microwave-safe bowl, and then microwaving for 1½ minutes, checking in 30 second intervals and stirring each time, until completely melted and smooth. Draw the eyes by using a toothpick or a fork.
- Place in refrigerator in airtight container.