Truffled Artichoke and Cauliflower Hummus with Kale Pesto
This Paleo-friendly hummus is made with roasted cauliflower instead of beans. Topped with a pretty kale pesto, it’s perfect for dipping crackers and spring vegetables.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 6 Tbsp. plus 1⁄4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄4 cup roasted garlic
- 1 cup marinated artichokes
- 1 container (4 oz.) coconut milk yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. truffle oil
- 5 leaves dinosaur kale
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. toasted pine nuts, divided
- 1 sage leaf
- 5 large leaves fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup Marcona almonds
- 1⁄4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1⁄2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. chopped mint
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower on prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper. Roast 25 minutes until edges become golden. Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- In a blender, combine cauliflower, roasted garlic, artichokes, 3 tablespoons olive oil, yogurt, and truffle oil. Purée until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Clean blender, then purée kale with 1⁄4 cup olive oil, chopped garlic, 2 tablespoons pine nuts, sage, basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and remaining salt and pepper. Drizzle this mixture atop hummus and swirl with a spoon.
- Top with remaining pine nuts, almonds, pomegranate arils, tomatoes, and mint.