Tsukune (Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs)
These Chicken Teriyaki Meatballs are flavorful, easy to prepare and can be served as either an appetizer or a main course. Pair them with the savory homemade dipping sauce – it's simple to make!
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup Kikkoman® Panko Japanese Style Bread Crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1⁄3 cup Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Manjo Aji Mirin Rice Cooking Wine
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, chives, ginger, egg, bread crumbs and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, rice cooking wine and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Grease hands with 2 teaspoons vegetable oil and form 1" meatballs from chicken mixture. In a pan, heat remaining oil. Sear meatballs 4-6 minutes, turning once.
- On a baking sheet, place meatballs and bake 10-15 minutes, until internal temperature is 160°F. Serve with sauce on the side.