Tuna Casserole with Kale
This creamy and delicious tuna casserole is filled with a variety of vegetables that pair perfectly together!
Serves: 8Prep: 30 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 12 ounces medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups baby kale, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup Kroger® Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (5 oz.) solid white albacore tuna, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook egg noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery. Sauté for 8-10 minutes. Add the kale, peas, corn and garlic, then sauté for 4-6 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the chicken stock, then stir in the milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper and tuna. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked egg noodles to the tuna mixture, stir to combine. Stir in the cheddar cheese until everything is evenly combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-23 minutes, until the top of the pasta is golden and crispy.
- Serve with fresh parsley. Refrigerate leftovers.