You can use canned salmon or shrimp in this rich chowder if you prefer.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups light cream
- 2 cans (6 oz.) water-packed tuna, drained
- 1 cup grated low-fat extra-sharp white Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp. chopped fresh dill
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Add potato; cook and stir until potato is almost tender, about 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper to pot; cook and stir until bubbly. Add cream, cook and stir until soup thickens, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add tuna, cheese, thyme, and ½ tsp. fresh dill. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until soup is hot and cheese melts. Serve immediately.