Serves: 3Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (6.5 oz.) chunk light tuna in spring water
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices pumpernickel bread
- 3 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Drain the tuna well and mix with the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Lightly toast the bread in oven on the rack for 1 to 2 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Remove bread and place on a baking sheet. Scoop tuna mixture onto each slice of bread. Cover with cheese. Put the baking sheet in oven on top rack for 5 to 6 minutes, until cheese starts to bubble and is lightly browned. Garnish with chives. Serve immediately.