Tuna Noodle Casserole
This recipe is the real thing from scratch! It uses bread crumbs for a topping, but you can use crushed potato chips instead for more crunch. Enrich the recipe with 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese stirred in before baking.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 oz. cooked pasta
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cans tuna, drained
- ¾ cup frozen peas
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F and butter a 9" x 13" casserole dish or individual ramekins. Place pasta in the dish.
- Over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms in butter until softened, sprinkle with flour, and cook for a few minutes. Add milk, and cook until thickened. Stir in tuna and peas. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mushroom sauce mixture over pasta and gently toss if necessary to distribute evenly.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the top and bake for 20 minutes.