Tuna Salad with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Beefsteak tomatoes generally come by the pound. Thick and juicy like steaks, beefsteak tomatoes are a great addition to tuna salads.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cans (5 oz.) white albacore tuna packed in water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and halved
- Mix the tuna, olive oil, and lemon juice in a medium bowl.
- Season with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the tomato halves with the remaining salt and pepper. Serve a scoop of the tuna mixture in each tomato.