This makes an excellent lunch for a hot day. Serve with a cold soup and you can include a pasta or rice salad to round out a satisfying and sugar-free meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 artichokes
- 4 quarts water
- 1 can (6 oz.) tuna, drained
- ½ cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tbsp. capers
- 4 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Splenda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Trim any discolored leaves off the artichokes. Cut off the base of the stem. Cut off the very top of each artichoke. Boil in water for 18–20 minutes.
- Cut the stem off the artichoke. Spread leaves open and, using a grapefruit spoon or melon baller, remove the choke, leaving leaves attached to the base.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together. Work the tuna in between the leaves and in the hole where the choke was.