Tuna Tomato Sauce
Tuna is a nice change from beef or pork in this flavorful pasta dish. Serve it with a green salad and some fresh fruit for dessert.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 can (7 oz.) tuna in water, drained
- ⅓ cup minced fresh parsley
- 12 oz. spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add anchovy paste and red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir tuna and parsley into tomato sauce. Add pasta; toss over medium heat for 2 minutes. Serve immediately.