Turkey & Chickpea Salad
Turkey marinates in a purée of fruit and spices that produce bright, sweet flavors when cooked. Mix with chickpeas, fruit and pico de gallo to enjoy a dish that works as a refreshing salad or chip-ready dip.
Serves: 4Prep: 2 hours 30 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds turkey breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 large garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh pineapple
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup pico de gallo
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bag (16 oz.) tortilla chips
- In a blender, purée pineapple, ground cumin, garlic cloves, lime juice and salt until thick paste forms. Mix together turkey and half the purée. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- Before cooking, mix remaining purée into meat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook meat until browned, 6 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turkey, chickpeas, pineapple, pico de gallo and cilantro.
- To serve, season with salt and pepper; pair with tortilla chips.