Turkey Bratwurst with Peppers and Onions
Cubanelle peppers have a bright, peppery flavor that is a welcome change from the ubiquitous bell pepper.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 turkey bratwursts
- 2 medium onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 medium cubanelle peppers, seeded and sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Prick each bratwurst once with a fork. Quickly brown them on all sides in a dry nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place half of the onions and peppers on the bottom of a 4-quart slow cooker. Place the bratwurst on top of the onions and peppers. Top with the remaining pepper and onions. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and water. Cook on low for 6 hours.