Turkey and Broccoli with Penne in Cream Sauce
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- ¾ lb. penne
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless turkey breast, cut into ½" thick strips
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring at least 4 quarts of water and salt to a rolling boil. Add the broccoli and blanch it for about 3 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon to a bowl of cold water. Let stand briefly, drain, and return to bowl.
- Add the penne to the boiling water in the pot and stir to prevent sticking. Cook until almost al dente. Drain, place in warm bowl, and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and turkey and sauté until the turkey is just cooked through and tender. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the turkey to the bowl with the broccoli.
- Add the wine, stock, and cream to the skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until thickened slightly, about 8 minutes. Add the pasta, broccoli and turkey, and cheese to the sauce and toss until heated through and evenly coated.