Serve these non–red-meat burgers on a bun, in the usual manner of a beef burger, with a side of macaroni salad and sweet potato fries for a delicious change of pace. They can also be served bun-less as an entrée with vegetables.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup sliced whole green onions
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form mixture into 4 patties, taking care not to compress them too much.
- Grill or sauté burgers over medium heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.