Turkey Burgers with Arugula Pesto
Peppery arugula on top of turkey burgers creates a bright and lively meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups packed arugula
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup almonds
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat. Mix the turkey, onion powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Season with 1⁄2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 patties, and grill for 6 to 7 minutes a side or until the meat registers 160°F with a meat thermometer.
- Process the arugula, olive oil, almonds, shallot, garlic, lemon juice, and remaining salt and pepper in a food processor until smooth. Serve arugula pesto on grilled burgers topped with slices of tomatoes and onion.