Turkey Chili-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
These Turkey Chili-Stuffed Baked Potatoes are simply steamed in the microwave, then topped with a homemade chili that's packed with turkey and beans. They’re big on flavor, without the guilt.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Simple Truth Organic® Diced Tomatoes in Tomato Juice
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Simple Truth® Natural Ground Turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 can (15 oz.) Simple Truth Organic® Tri-Bean Blend, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 6 large baking potatoes
- Shredded Colby Jack or cheddar cheese, for topping
- Simple Truth Organic® Plain Low-Fat Yogurt, for topping
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are soft. Add the ground turkey and cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through and browned.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Cook for an additional 1 minute, then add the diced tomatoes, beans, tomato sauce and brown sugar. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Taste the chili and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cook the potatoes in the microwave while the chili is simmering. Rinse each potato and pat dry, then prick each with a fork several times. Place the potatoes on a microwave-safe plate and cook on high for 5 minutes. Turn the potatoes over and cook for additional 5-7 minutes or until they're fork-tender.
- Prepare your chili-stuffed baked potatoes when the chili is ready. Slice each potato down the middle, but not all the way through. Placing a hand on each end, gently push in on both ends to open the potato. Top with about 1 cup of the chili, then a dollop of plain yogurt and a sprinkle of shredded cheese, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!