Turkey Cutlets with Lemon-Caper Sauce
Sear turkey cutlets in a skillet and finish cooking them in the oven while you make a tangy pan sauce with butter, chicken stock, lemon juice, and capers.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless turkey cutlets (4 oz. each)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Grease a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together flour and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt.
- Pat each cutlet dry with paper towels and season with the remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Dredge each cutlet in the flour to coat and tap off excess.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil until shimmering. Working in batches, sear each side of the turkey cutlets, about 3 minutes, or until edges are golden. Place each cutlet on baking sheet to continue cooking in oven. The internal temperature should reach 165˚F.
- After the cutlets have been seared, deglaze the skillet with butter, scraping the dark bits off bottom of pan. Stir in the stock and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer until the liquid has reduced slightly, about 2 minutes. Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into a small sauce pan. Stir in the capers and heat on low for 5 minutes.
- Serve cutlets hot with a generous serving of the lemon-caper sauce.