Turkey and Filbert Soup
This is a great way to use leftover turkey. It also works well with chicken.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- 2 cups cooked chopped turkey breast, divided
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock, divided
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat and sauté the hazelnuts for 5 minutes. Drain off the butter and discard.
- Place the hazelnuts, ½ cup turkey, onion, and 1 cup stock in a blender or food processor. Blend at medium speed until you have a purée.
- Combine the mixture with the remaining chicken stock in a large stockpot. Add the remaining ingredients. Heat over medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.