Turkey Meatballs with Fruit Sauce
This is a tasty change of pace. The fruit complements the turkey beautifully. Use ground turkey breast, which contains white meat only.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 slices toasted 100% whole-wheat bread
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mango or apple chutney
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Soak the bread in water until completely saturated and then squeeze out the excess liquid. Mix together the soaked bread and all the remaining Ingredients, except chutney, in a bowl.
- Shape the mixture into small balls. Place the balls in the prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes. Serve with chutney.