Turkey Meatballs with Marinara
These baked meatballs turn out delicious and are far healthier than fried meatballs.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 2 slices whole-grain bread, torn
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish and set aside. Spray a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add bread, milk, eggs, chili sauce, onion, garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper, and Parmesan cheese to a food processor. Pulse until combined. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add ground turkey to the bowl and mix well using your hands. Form mixture into 1" balls and roll in bread crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 35 minutes, turning once. Transfer cooked meatballs to a Dutch oven and cover with marinara sauce. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Serve hot.