Turkey Meatballs with Tangy Apricot Sauce
These easy turkey meatballs obtain their flavor from the tasty sweet and sour combination.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup finely diced onions
- ¼ cup finely diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl mix together the ground turkey, almond flour, egg, onions, celery, and ground pepper. Roll into small meatballs (about 16–20). The meatball mixture will be slightly wet.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add meatballs to hot skillet and brown on all sides, about 1 minute per side.
- Grease a 2½-quart slow cooker. Add browned meatballs to the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl mix together the preserves and mustard. Pour the sauce over the meatballs. Cook on low for 6 hours.