Turkey, Rice, and Vegetable Balls
These rice balls are irresistibly savory and flavorful. They’re perfect for a party, or just a weeknight meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sushi rice
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ lb. ground turkey
- ¼ cup finely diced carrot
- 1 large scallion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. spicy sesame oil
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- Rinse the rice well in a colander until the water runs clear. Bring rice, water, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes and remove from heat. Let steam for 15 minutes. Reserve.
- Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Sauté turkey until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the carrots to the pan and simmer until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Place half of the rice in a large bowl. Add the turkey mixture and scallion. Stir in soy sauce and sesame oil. Combine well. Form the mixture into golf ball-sized rounds. Reserve remaining rice for another use.
- Place rice balls on a platter with greens.