Turkey Sausage Stuffed Mushroom Caps
These appetizers are a bit more exciting than traditional breadcrumb recipes. They are stuffed with protein and fats to ensure more macronutrients in each bite.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 20 button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. walnut oil
- 1⁄2 lb. chopped turkey sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems and hollow out the mushroom caps. Dice the stems and place them in a medium bowl.
- Heat the walnut oil in a medium frying pan, and cook the turkey sausage and garlic for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the turkey is no longer pink.
- Add the mushrooms, walnuts, and pepper to the turkey sausage, and cook until the mushrooms are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Stuff the turkey mixture into the mushroom caps and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.