Turkey Shepherd’s Pie with Cauliflower Topping
This classic family favorite was begging for a gut-healthy makeover. This recipeʼs unique blend of spices and fresh ingredients give you all the comforting flavor you love without the gut-damaging ingredients you donʼt. Enjoy it tonight, then freeze the leftovers.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. browned ground turkey breast
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 tsp. garlic powder, divided
- 2 tsp. onion powder, divided
- 1 tsp. all-natural sea salt, divided
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper, divided
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-9-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine browned ground turkey breast, half of the minced onion, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, and blend well.
- Spread seasoned turkey meat in an even layer in bottom of prepared pan, cover with peas, and sprinkle with remaining minced onion.
- Steam cauliflower until soft and purée in a food processor until smooth. Stir remaining spices into puréed cauliflower and spoon over peas in pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cauliflower begins to turn golden.