Turkey, mushrooms, and nuts provide macronutrients in each bite of these delicious appetizers.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 20 large button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. walnut oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 lb. chopped ground turkey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems and hollow out mushroom caps. Dice mushroom stems and place in medium bowl.
- Heat walnut oil in a medium frying pan and cook ground turkey and garlic for 5 to 8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink. Add mushrooms, nuts, and pepper to the ground turkey and cook until mushrooms are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Stuff turkey mixture into mushroom caps and place on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.