Turkey, mushrooms, and nuts provide macronutrients in each bite of these delicious appetizers.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 20 large button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. walnut oil
- ½ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ½ lb. chopped ground turkey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove stems and hollow out mushroom caps. Dice mushroom stems and place in medium bowl.
- Heat walnut oil in a medium frying pan and cook ground turkey and garlic for 5–8 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink. Add mushrooms, nuts, and pepper to the ground turkey and cook until mushrooms are soft, about 8 minutes.
- Stuff turkey mixture into mushroom caps and place on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.