Turkey Tortilla Soup
This soup tastes even better the next day. Have it for dinner one day and lunch the next.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 6 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups cooked turkey
- 2 cups tortilla chips
- ¼ cup cilantro
- Place chili powder, cumin, salt, tomatoes, stock, garlic, onion, and jalapeño in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, add the corn and turkey. Cover and cook for an additional 45 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and a sprinkling of cilantro.