Turkish Veal Roulades
Stuffing veal with a nice tapenade of olives and parsley is a wonderful alternative to plain veal cutlets.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 veal scallops, pounded very thin
- 10 pimiento-stuffed green olives, minced
- 8 black olives (Spanish or Greek), pitted and minced
- 6 scallions, minced
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Juice of 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- Trim the pounded veal to resemble rectangles. Lay the veal out flat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the olives, scallions, parsley, olive oil, and lemon juice with the beaten egg. Spread mixture on veal scallops. Roll the veal and tie with kitchen string.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat and lightly brown veal. Add wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Transfer veal to serving platter and pour wine in pan over the veal.