Turmeric Coconut Rice with Greens
This easy one-skillet dish combines perfectly spiced rice, steamed vegetables and hearty greens for a hassle-free meal.
Serves: 8Prep: 15 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Fresh cilantro, to serve
- Lime rounds, to serve
- In large skillet or medium pot, stir together rice, coconut milk and water; bring to boil. Cover; allow to simmer until most liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Stir in turmeric, saffron, salt and pepper.
- Mix in kale, green onions, peas, carrots, green beans and white beans. Cover; continue cooking 10 to 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Stir in lime zest and lime juice.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and lime rounds.