Turmeric Garbanzo Bean and Golden Beet Bowl
The sunny hues of turmeric and the warming spices of curry bring a whole world of flavor to this bean and beet bowl.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 3 Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 medium golden beets
- 1 cup red or white quinoa
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Toss Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon oil and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt. Bake for 15 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil, and bake until fork tender, about 40 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, and rub the skins off with a paper towel. Slice beets, and reserve.
- Meanwhile, wash quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Place in a medium saucepan with chicken broth over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and cover. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn the heat off, and let steam for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Reserve.
- Divide Brussels sprouts, beets, quinoa, and garbanzo beans between 2 bowls. Stir the Greek yogurt together with turmeric, cumin, curry powder, and remaining salt in a small bowl. Drizzle over the bowl. Serve immediately.