Turmeric-Ginger Marinated Flat Iron Steak
Turmeric gives this flat iron steak an extra kick of flavor and a gorgeous color!
Serves: 6Prep: 4 hours 40 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 55 minutes
- 2 pounds Boneless flat iron steak
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Private Selection® Ground Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Private Selection® Ground Turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 fresh lime juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, ginger, ground mustard, turmeric, pepper, salt, soy sauce, olive oil and lime juice. Pour the mixture into a 13” x 9” glass baking pan, and place the steak in it. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning the steak over once halfway through.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and allow it to set out at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat your grill to medium-high heat. Once the steak has warmed up a little, place it on the hottest part of the grill. Cook the steak for about 5-6 minutes. Using tongs (never puncture the steak to flip it), flip the steak over and cook an additional 4-6 minutes. (You can cook the steak for a shorter or longer period of time depending on your desired doneness. Five minutes on each side over a hot grill will usually get you a good medium-rare cook on the steak.)
- Allow the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting. Once the steak has rested, thinly slice it against the grain. Serve immediately.