Turmeric Rice with Cranberries
This Persian-style dish is a tad sweet and nutty, and beautifully paired with fluffy basmati rice. Finish this dish with a sprinkle of parsley.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- ⅛ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. saffron dissolved in ¼ cup hot water
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup cooked basmati rice
- Soak cranberries in lukewarm water for about 10 minutes to plump. Drain.
- In a wok or medium skillet on medium-high, heat coconut oil and stir in cranberries and pine nuts. Add turmeric, garlic powder, saffron, sugar, and salt and reduce heat to low; cook 7 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until evenly coated; serve immediately.