Turnip Green Dip with Artichoke Hearts
This warm dip is creamy and delicious. Serve with your favorite crackers, bread or chips and it’s sure to be a big hit at any holiday gathering.
Serves: 10Prep: 30 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bag (16 oz.) Kroger® Turnip Greens
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (8 oz.) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 can (6 oz.) quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Assorted crackers, bread and chips, to serve
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat, then sauté the onions until tender. Add the garlic and turnip greens. Cook until wilted and cooked down. Turn heat to low and add the cream cheese, sour cream, crushed red pepper and ¾ cup Parmesan cheese. Cook until smooth and melted.
- Fold in the artichoke hearts and transfer to a greased 1½ quart baking dish. Sprinkle with ¼ cup parmesan cheese and broil 3-5 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve with fresh parsley and assorted crackers, bread or chips.