The basting sauce enhances the flavors and melds with the natural pan juices to create a simple Tuscan-inspired sauce for the steaks.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh oregano
- ½ tsp. seasoned salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 lbs. flank steak, trimmed
- 1 small lemon, cut in wedges
- ½ cup arugula
- In a large baking dish, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, oregano, seasoned salt, and pepper. Add the steak and turn to coat evenly.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the steak from the marinade and cook until starting to brown, about 8 minutes per side. Baste with the remaining marinade during the cooking process.
- Transfer the steak to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm. Let rest for 5 minutes to allow the juices to reabsorb. Thinly slice steak diagonally across the grain, drizzle any accumulated juices over the slices, and garnish with lemon and arugula.