Twice Baked Potatoes and Chives
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. ground paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a baking sheet on a lower rack.
- Pierce each potato 3 or 4 times and place directly on a middle rack. Bake potatoes 1 hour. Remove from oven and cool 30 minutes.
- Slit the potatoes open lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, being careful to leave a shell of ¼ to ½".
- In a medium bowl, combine the potato flesh, milk, cream cheese, and butter. Mash them together thoroughly, then beat by hand or with an electric mixer. Stir in scallions, chives, salt, and pepper.
- Mound the mixture in the potato shells and place them on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for about 30 minutes, until well heated. Garnish with paprika.