These potatoes are fun to make and they can be frozen before the second baking to be served in the future with BBQ, steak, or fried chicken. Twice-baked potatoes are perfect for a buffet or potluck.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 1⁄4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped scallions, divided
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Scrub potatoes and poke holes in the skin with a fork or knife. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cut baked potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl. Save the skins for stuffing later. Mix butter, sour cream, bacon, 1 cup cheese, 1 tablespoon scallions, salt, and pepper into the potato flesh in the mixing bowl.
- Fill the potato skins with the potato mixture and arrange them on an aluminum-foil lined cookie sheet. Top with remaining cheese and scallions. Bake for 20 minutes.