Twice-Baked Potatoes with Bacon and Onion
Twice-baked potatoes may look complicated, but they are, in fact, an easy way to create a hearty side dish for any meal.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup cooked bacon pieces
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake the potatoes for 50 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Reduce oven heat to 350°F.
- Combine the milk and cream cheese. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, being careful to leave a shell of at least 1⁄4 inch.
- In a medium bowl, combine the potato, cream cheese, and butter. Mash them together thoroughly, then whip by hand or with an electric mixer. Stir in the bacon, onion, salt, and pepper.
- Mound the mixture in the potato shells and place them on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Top with cheese before serving.