Twisted Tea Brisket Sliders
Simmered in Twisted Tea, these slow-cooked brisket sliders will add a fun twist to your tailgating party.
Serves: 16Prep: 5 hours 25 minutesCook: 5 hours 30 minutesTotal: 10 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 8 pounds beef brisket
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 sprigs celery, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup tomato, chopped or crushed
- 3 quarts beef broth
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 black peppercorns
- 3 stems parsley
- 2 cups Twisted Tea Original Hard Iced Tea
- Salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 16 slider buns
- Coleslaw, optional
- Pickles, optional
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- On stovetop, bring large, deep braising pan up to medium-high heat.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper. Sear hard on all sides; remove from pan.
- Using the same pan, sear vegetables until dark.
- Pour in Twisted Tea; stir, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add tomatoes; caramelize about 4 minutes.
- Add thyme, bay leaf, peppercorns and parsley stems. Bring to simmer. Add brisket.
- Cover with foil; move to oven and cook 5 to 6 hours.
- After 5 or 6 hours, stick fork into meat to check tenderness. Once desired tenderness is reached, remove brisket and strain remaining liquid into another pan.
- Add pan with liquid to stovetop and heat on medium; reduce braising liquid by half to a thick glaze.
- When ready to serve, reheat and slice brisket. Put back into braising liquid 10 minutes, until the brisket is all heated through. Serve on slider buns with optional coleslaw and pickles.