Twix Bar Cookies
Shortbread topped with caramel and rich chocolate; what’s not to like? For a great variation, add 1 cup chopped pecans over the melted caramel layer before you add the Ganache.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 2 hours 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter, divided
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 bag (14 oz.) caramels, unwrapped
- ⅓ cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup chopped milk chocolate
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly butter 9" square pan.
- Blend ¾ cup butter, confectioners’ sugar, and flour together until blended and crumbly. Press into bottom of pan. Bake 10–15 minutes.
- In a microwave, melt caramels, evaporated milk, and ¼ cup butter together until smooth and blended. Spread over top of baked shortbread layer. Chill 30 minutes.
- Bring cream almost to a boil in microwave, about 2 minutes. Remove and quickly add chocolate; stir until smooth. Spread warm ganache over top of all. Chill 2 hours. Cut into bars.